- WinZip 11.1 offers a thumbnail image view and automatic compression selection, plus improved compression for audio files (WAV) and the ability to open .BZ2 and .RAR files.
- WinZip 11.1 Pro adds expanded data backup functionality and includes a new internal image viewer that allows you to browse through multiple images within the Zip file.
WinZip® 11.2 is an update to our most recent major release, WinZip 11.0. In addition to the features introduced in WinZip 11.1 and WinZip 11.0 (outlined below), WinZip 11.2 changes include:
* Unicode support to ensure international characters are displayed for filenames in a Zip file when the Zip file is shared between two computers having different code pages (the default set of text characters available for display.) For Unicode support, the Zip file must be created and opened with a zip utility that supports the Unicode extensions to the Zip file format such as WinZip 11.2
* Integrated support for LHA to create, open and extract LHA archives (.LHA and .LZH). This eliminates the need for a third-party DOS program
* Removal of support for DOS-based, third-party programs such as ARJ and ARC
* Minor bug fixes and enhancements